Saturday, August 30, 2008

Anina Music Video Shoot




So here I was at the request of my Norwegian Director friend. Me, an Asian-American working on a set full of Norwegians. All blond and over 5'7" I think. I'm the Production Assistant helping the set. The 1st Assistant Director is Filipino-American while the Photographer is Asian-American too. The rest rest are Norwegian, with the exception of one or two black folks to bring diversity on the set.

I do admit that I have a special place in my heart for Swede's... and now Norwegians as well. For being the descendants of Vikings, Northern Europeans are fun, friendly, and generally nice people. Totally unexpected. It was a pleasure working with Anina and Marius the director.


Anina is the talented singer we shot in the music video. She's a beautiful blond with a wonderful voice. Her sound is a rock-pop type, although not a fan of pop, I can hear a great deal of potential with her music. We shot in the famous "Viper Room" and "Beso Restaurant/Lounge" owned by Eva Longoria from "Desperate Housewives."

During the shoot, I left my headlights on and had to get a towing company to jump start my car. Why? Because it happened on Sunset Blvd. one of the busiest streets in L.A., not only that, but my friends battery was on the other side of her car... which meant my 5' jumper cable could not reach her battery.

*MENTAL NOTE: Buy a 20' Jumper Cable*

I got charged $75 for the jump. Luckly, I'm covered by my insurance company.

I'm slated to work on another music video next week. I'll tell you how that goes later.

No comments: