Thursday, October 2, 2008

Driving with stupid.

We were filming on location and we had all the film gear on the sidewalk. Cameramen moving about with their equipment. When suddenly I hear over the radio, "Stop. Everyone stay where you are. Nobody move."

After looking at my fellow crew for a few minutes and hearing radio silence. We got curious and walked out into the street. The scene was quite surprising and unexpected.

There was the Assistant Director, Set Medic, and Production Assistant (who went to EMT training) hoovering over a man. I shout, "What happened?"

Someone responded that an old man was hit by a car. When I asked where the car was, they pointed to a car with a young man standing outside of his car. Nervous and in shock. I instructed him to pull to the side of the street and park his car. Once he did that, I asked him to step outside of the car and sit/stand in the side walk.

From there I noticed the stupidity of LA drivers. Not only with this driver, who was so absorbed in watching our film crew as he made a left turn, that he hit an old man crossing the street. THEN! These Los Angeles drivers on Melrose decided to get upset that we closed off one lane to protect the medic and the old man. Then people refused to slow down or would speed up as they got to the traffic police. Some people are just complete idiots and douche bags. FULL STOP.

No comments: