Friday, October 24, 2008

Early Voting: No Lines, No Hassle.

Today was a very important day. I voted in a very historical election. An election where a Black man might actually be the President of the United States. Fifty-Three years since the start of the Civil Rights movement in 1955, Senator Barak Obama leads in the polls.

I decided to vote early, since I wasn't sure if I will be in town on Election Day. Besides, how can I risk missing out on this historical event. If you are interested in voting before November 4, 2008 please go online and find your county voter register office. If you live in Orange County, CA like myself you can find it at:

www.OCVOTE.com

There you can find information on how to register and early voting. Which will give you a list of locations to chose from, allowing you to vote early at these sites. I chose to vote at the Anaheim City Hall and it was quick and easy. I did not wait in line and they found my name right away.

Anaheim City Hall
Vote Early, November 4, 2008 General Election (October 19-28)

  • HOURS
  • Monday thru Friday, 8a-5p. CLOSED WEEKENDS.
  • ADDRESS
  • 200 S. Anaheim Boulevard #217
    Anahiem, CA 92805
  • SPECIFIC LOCATION
  • Located at the City Clerk counter on the second level. Park on level 2B of the City Hall East parking structure and cross the pedestrian bridge.
    Map provided courtesy of expedia.com maps.
    Find out what services are provided at an Early Voting site, as well as what information you will need to provide in order to vote early.
Once you walk up to the counter, they ask for your ID and proof of residency. I showed them the registration notice I received in the mail. I also had to fill out a form that said, "I haven't received my voter packet."

Which I didn't get until I returned home from City Hall. I then went up to an electronic voting booth and entered a 4 digit security/ID number into the box. This prompted the the first question, "Obama/Biden or McCain/Palin?"

I proceed to use the selector wheel and then hit "enter."

I continue the procedure several times, voting on important measures that covered the environment, rail system, Children's hospital, gay marriage (prop 8), and abortion notification (prop 4). Then upon submitting the ballot electronically and confirming it twice. A print out appears for you to proof read. Then you finally confirm a third and final time, your vote is submitted and the paper print out is deposited with a bar-code, amongst the other voters who used that machine.

Upon completing and submitting my ballot, I felt a tingle wash over my body. Because I realized that I just participated in a historic moment in American (if not World) History. How often can a person know that this day, you became part of history.

So I tell you my fellow Americans... VOTE if not on Nov. 4th, 2008. Vote on the days BEFORE November 4, 2008!!!

God Bless America.

1 comment:

Kara said...

HERE HERE! Power to the people. congrats, you!