Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Charlie Rose Black Eye


So this is Charlie Rose. He is a talk show host on Public Broadcasting Station (PBS) and talks to politicians, entertainers, and various other public figures. He's basically the Public Television version of "Larry King."

I tuned into PBS and noticed Charlie Rose sporting a black eye. I dug up the story behind this black eye and found several articles mostly originating from SALON.COM mentioning how he received a black eye from saving his MAC BOOK AIR during a fall caused by a New York City pothole. I was about to accept the story when I got another good look at Charlie Rose. Something about his face bothered me.

Then it hit! I realized there is NO WAY this guy received a black eye from tripping on the ground. Being the stickler for detail that I am (or dork with too much time on his hands), I tried to imagine the different ways a person can fall on the ground while carrying a Mac Book Air... including how a person would save it during a fall.

My conclusion led me to believe that Charlie Rose and his producers are lying to reporters when they told them that his injury was due to a fall. I personally believe that Charlie Rose was attacked (mugged or got in a fight) and took a fist in the eye, causing the black eye. Take a look at him yourself, tell me what you think. I just can't imagine how asphalt can cause such a bruise in a concentrated area.

Why is it so hard to admit that he was attacked or mugged in New York City. Unless, he actually got in a fight with another person... but finally, why would you even admit that you got a black eye for protecting a laptop computer. Basically admitting that your material possession is more valuable than your personal safety. If that is the case then "WOW"... Mr. Rose, you are an idiot.

No comments: