Friday, September 5, 2008

Farewell London... for now.

I submitted a film to the BFI London Film Festival and have been holding my breath for the results since that time. I was contacted by Sarah Lutton (Programme Manager) informing me that our feature documentary was not selected for this years festival. I'm personally sad, since I was really hoping to get a World Premiere in London.

Although it's a bit of a downer... my group and I realized it was a long shot. But hey, why not swing for the fences and try. Right?!?! Anyways, I'm glad we tried. We have several more festivals to wait for before the years end. Wish me/us luck! Thanks!


ON A SEPERATE NOTE:

As I wrote the entry above I was watching the news too. VP Nominee Palin was introducing Presidential Nominee McCain at some small town (which seems to be the routine after the party convention).

As I was listening to her speak, she caught my attention because she started stuttering and fumbling her words. That's when I realized that she was reading a script prepared by some speech writer and like a reporter reading a teleprompter, she read the lines word for word until she stumbled on a word either misspelled or had incorrect grammar. Either way it killed her beat and made me giggle... because I realized what if she was pranked to read a teleprompter with all the wrong things to say. LoL.

No comments: