Thursday, September 4, 2008

PA work is hell... be a doctor.

Yesterday I worked on a music video of an upcoming band "S.A." and the band members was wonderful. Yet, I am sore as a Mother F**ker. We started at 6AM and I didn't get out until 11PM. I was the last person on set with exception of two other guys... who were driving the cube trucks we were loading. Other than that, everyone was gone... one other PA even just took off the moment he filled out his time sheet.

We shot in an aircraft carrier the USS Hornet, which is docked in Alameda, CA. Making a music video in a aircraft carrier I learned is hell. PA's do a lot of donkey work, so it's far from glamorous. OMFG. To make matters worse, we had to move equipment through the narrow stairs of the carrier. I think it was doing this that twisted my knee at one point. I had to go most of the day with the pain of a twisted knee. It hurt. But I had to finish the production day. At one point I had a good limp which I tried to hide when people were around. I must have stepped down the ladders wrong while carrying some heavy equipment.

Anyways. I'm healing and I only hope the pain goes away... please no permanent damage. Stay tuned for some cool photos.

Oh ya. I have so much respect for the Cast and Crew of "Top Gun" or any movie made on a Navy Vessel... that has got to a tough production.

No comments: